One of the cutest yet difficult photography subjects are animals. Almost all people love animals. They are the cutest thing on earth. We want to capture them at their best. However, truth be told, animals are a difficult subject. They tend to move a lot. They tend to shy away from the camera. This made capturing great photos quite challenging. As a matter of fact, even professional photographers have a hard time taking great photos of animals.
To increase your chances of capturing great photos of your pets, take a look at the following tips:
· Take photos of your pets when they are in a good mood – The best time to take photos of your pet is during their active play. Do not wake your pet from a deep sleep. Do not force your pet to post in front of the camera. Know your pets, especially their behavior. Remember that when it comes to taking photos of your pets, timing is everything.
· Turn the flash off when taking photos in broad daylight – Many pets don’t like the flash of the camera. So, know what works best for your pet. If your pet happens to not like the flash, then make sure there is sufficient lighting when capturing photos of your pets.
· Don’t force your pet to look into the camera – Some pets love the camera, but believe me, most of them don’t. If they don’t like the camera, then do not force them. Have someone play with your pet while you capture the perfect shot. You can just crop out the person and add some professional touches.
· Use the right equipment – One of the keys to capturing an exceptional photo of your pet is to make sure you have the right equipment. Many professional photographers use a DSLR cameras. If you don’t have budget for a DSLR camera, then you can go with a mirrorless camera. It is more affordable and more compact. It is almost as powerful as the DSLR camera.
· Have at least five-minute of a play session with your pets – Dogs, in particular, tend to show you their big grin if they are playing. Always remember that an active dog is a happy dog. Taking them to a quick run or play tug on their favorite toy are great steps to keeping your dog active.
· Edit like a pro – Once you have captured the perfect photo, the next step is to edit like a pro. Play with colors but keep it more natural. See to it that there is a balance between the light and dark areas of the photo to achieve a more natural look. If you want to highlight the fur of your pet, then all you need to do is to sharpen the photo. Everything should be in balance. Use your best judgment when it comes to editing stuff.
Taking a perfect photo of your pet can be extremely challenging but with the tips mentioned above, you will surely be on your way to capturing spectacular photos of your fur babies.